Pharmacy and Medicines Regulatory Authority (PMRA) is a Statutory body created by an Act of Parliament No. 9 of 2019 with the mandate to regulate medicines and allied substances, pharmacy businesses and the practice of pharmacy in Malawi.
In a bid to strengthen human resource capacity in delivering this mandate, the Authority is inviting applications from suitably qualified, highly motivated and experienced persons of Malawi origin to fill various positions tenable at its Head Office in Lilongwe. The following are the details of the vacant positions: –
Position : Chief Human Resources and Administration
Grade : PMRA 3
Reporting to : Director General
Job Purpose : To provide human resource management
and administration services to the Authority
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulating human resource and administration policies, annual budgets and work plans for the department.
- Planning and coordinating recruitment of staff, induction, training, performance appraisal, handling retirement processes including needs assessment.
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures in line with the quality management system;
- Facilitating review of Policies and Conditions of Service for the Authority
- Recommend and facilitate the review of Strategic Plan for the Authority and lead in its implementation;
- Manage insurance portfolio, medical scheme and pension portfolios; and process staff compensations and claims;
- Provide leadership and monitor the procurement function by ensuring that all the necessary procurement processes and procedures are followed in line with procurement laws;
- Manage and administer the payroll and ensure that staff records are continuously updated;
- Coordinating activities of the Finance and Administration Committee of the Board on behalf of the Director General and serve as its Secretary;
10.Perform any other duties as assigned by the Director General from time
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or Public Administration from a recognized University
- Must have not less than eight (8) years’ hands on experience at senior management level in a public organization. Those with a Master’s degree will have an added advantage.
- The eligible candidate must be able to demonstrate good leadership and team building skills, high levels of integrity and managerial skills;
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Knowledge of Malawi Labour laws and other relevant laws
- Must have no criminal record
- Must have Computer literacy in Word and payroll packages.